Moist and delicious banana bread recipe. Easy to make, no need for a mixer!
This recipe is a family favourite the kids absolutely love it. As well as my in-laws. I have to say though that the secret to good moist banana bread is melted butter, yes that’s it. Best for Bake, Stork and others like Wooden Spoon just don’t give it that rich, moist, texture you’re looking for when it comes to a decent slice of banana bread. This is a MUST try. You can add more banana’s or a bit more sugar to your liking although I stick to a ¾ cup. You can toss in a cup of chopped nuts, raisins, or chocolate chips if you want, or put the batter into muffin tins and make Banana Muffins instead.
The kids love it when I use my shaped silicon moulds for treats like this especially when they take them to school for a lunch box treat.
3 or 4 ripe bananas mashed
80 ml of melted butter
A ¾ cup of sugar
1 egg beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 ½ cups of flour sifted
(nuts are optional) I have also added 2-3 tablespoons of peanut butter.
Preheat oven to 180 deg Celsius. With a wooden spoon, mix butter and mashed bananas in a bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last and mix together. Pour into a greased loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour. Or until a tester inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool on a rack. Slice to serve.
This loaf freezes well too, I like to make a double batch it comes in handy when the kids want something nice to snack on.
Things you may need:
- Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set 3-piece
- Basics Nonstick Carbon Steel Muffin Pan 2- Pac
- Keliwa’s 12-cup Silicone Muffin- Cupcake Baking Pan/Non-Stick Silicone Mold/Dishwasher Microwave Safe
- Farberware Nonstick Bakeware Bread and Meatloaf Pan Set, 2-Piece, Gray
- New Star Foodservice Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons and cups combo, Set of 8, Silver
- Oxo Good Grips Utensil Wooden Spoon Set- 3 piece